Since 1985, the American Cancer Society's Relay For Life has been a coveted fundraiser dedicated to help improve the lives of those who are battling cancer. With volunteers in over 5,200 communities in 27 countries, this special event has inspired community leaders and everyday individuals to take charge in the fight against cancer and its negative impact.
Denny Menholt Chevrolet is a proud member of the Yellowstone Area Chevrolet Dealers Association, which donated the vehicle for this year's 2018 Chevy Equinox Giveaway.* The lucky winner of the 2018 Chevy Equinox will be determined through a raffle ticket drawing, which will take place August 30 at 5:30 PM at the American Cancer Society office.
Before you sign up and buy your tickets, here are some details you should know about the 2018 Chevy Equinox Giveaway* and the Relay for Life event.
2018 Chevy Equinox Giveaway Details
The ticket purchase deadline is August 30, as the drawing will be held that day at 5:30 PM at the American Cancer Society office. The tickets themselves will be sold according to the following scale:
- 1 ticket = $10
- 3 tickets = $25
- 15 tickets = $100
All the proceeds for the drawing will be donated to the Relay For Life to benefit cancer research. After the conclusion of the raffle drawing, the winning ticket will be awarded with the 2018 Chevy Equinox Giveaway,* provided by the Yellowstone Area Chevrolet Dealers Association.
Relay For Life Event Details
For those who are new to the Relay For Life, you'll probably want to know what to expect. The event itself can last anywhere from 6-24 hours, signifying the powerful message: cancer doesn't sleep, and neither do we.
As a team fundraiser, the event encourages team members to take turns walking around a designated path. It's not just a walkathon, however, as multiple donations are collected from a variety of games, food, and activities held at the event. All of these donations are put toward the overall fundraising goal set by the Relay For Life.
Here is the step-by-step of what you can expect at the Relay For Life event:
- Relay participants are welcomed to the event with an opening ceremony.
- The first lap taken is the Survivors Lap, which is walked by cancer survivors or anyone who is currently battling cancer while the crowd cheers them on.
- The second lap taken is the Caregiver Lap, which recognizes the caregivers who provided the cancer survivors with support during their treatment.
- The teams then take their starting positions and take turns walking around the designated walking area, signifying the ongoing battle with cancer.
- While their team members are walking, participants are encouraged to participate in a variety of games and activities that inform them how they can get involved with the American Cancer Society.
- After the event is over, closing ceremonies are held to celebrate the volunteers and community members who continue to fight against cancer.
Joining the Relay with Chevrolet Montana
Making a difference to improve the lives of others doesn't take a lot. As current cancer patients and survivors know the struggle of having to fight each and every day for their lives, we know that there is so much we can do to help them in their fight with this awful disease.
To purchase your raffle tickets for the 2018 Chevy Equinox, visit the American Cancer Society or our store at 3000 King Avenue West. View our hours and directions.
If you're interested in signing up for the Relay For Life, or want to know how you can get involved with the American Cancer Society, click the button below. Don't delay — join the Relay!
*Winner is responsible for any applicable tax, license, documentation preparation charges, smog fees, other DMV fees & all other transfer fees prior to claiming prize. Fair Market Value $28,255.00. Must be 18 years or older to purchase ticket.